Another New York à la Cart Signing at Rock Center tomorrow
If you missed our midtown book launch at Posman Books in Grand Central last week there’s another opportunity to catch us at a special lunchtime signing at the Posman Books located Rock Center’s concourse, tomorrow, Wednesday, 4/10 at 1pm. We’ll be signing our cookbook New York à la Cart: Recipes and Stories from the Big Apple’s Best Food Trucks with our awesome photographers, Donny Tsang and Clay Williams. As the subtitle suggests the book is packed with recipes (over 100!) and stories from our favorite carts and trucks in the city. Including recipes for some of our favorite midtown lunches.
Check out a list after the jump…
- Lamb over rice with white sauce from Kwik Meal
- Pork Chops, Roasted Lemon Potatoes and Tzatziki from Uncle Gussy’s
- Kim-cheese steaks and Korean BBQ Nachos from Kimchi Taco Truck
- Lemon chicken and vegetable couscous, kofta and green olive sauce from Comme Ci Comme Ca
- Kati Rolls from Biryani Cart
- Spiced Zucchini Cake and Coffee Ice Box Cake from The Treats Truck
- Brussels Waffles with Belgian Chocolate Sauce and Corn Waffles from Wafels & Dinges
- Minced Pork Over Rice and Tea Eggs from Bian Dang
- Chorizo and Bacon Grilled Cheese and Steak & Egg Tacos from Eggstravaganza Cart
- Shrimp Rolls from Luke’s Lobster
- Cheddar Jalapeno Corncakes from Big D’s Grub Truck
- Pork Schnitzel and Austrian Potato Salad from Schnitzel and Things
- Falafel from The King of Falafel
- Königsberger Klopse and Garlic Mashed Potatoes from Hallo Berlin
- Browned Butter Bacon Ice Cream and Butterscotch Potato Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches and Dirty Mint Ice Cream with Double Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches from Coolhaus
- And treats from old ML favs that are no longer on the road like
- Brioche Doughnuts and Goat Cheesecake from DessertTruck
- Make-Your Mark Coffee Cake Ice Cream Sundae and Apple Crumble from Miss Softee
And much, much more!
Dying to know our favorite spots? Our best lunching adventures? Our worst lunching adventures? Drop by, pick up a copy of our book and ask us anything about lunch! We’d love to see you! Can’t make today’s event? We have a number of other events scheduled around the city including an evening panel discussion and signing at the NYPL Mid-Manhattan branch.