Today, in celebration of their 1 year anniversary, Hai Street Kitchen is offering FREE sushi burritos (starting at 11am, for the first 200 customers at both the Center City and University City locations). I have been a fan of Hai Street and their sushi burritos since I visited soon after their opening last year. I liked the shrimp tempura, loved all the veggie fillers and sauces, and was just ok on the pork belly. Plus I was sad there was salmon but no tuna. The kitchen is really receptive to feedback. Now, the rolls are bigger, the pork belly was replaced by citrus pork, and spicy tuna tartar has found its rightful place on the menu. And more recently, they did something extra awesome, catering to the ladies and fellas who always want to take it to the next level- any sushi burrito can now be flash fried.
A french fry truck better have some good toppings! That was the mind set I had while checking out newcomer Philly Fry, a truck that opened this winter. When I saw all the proteins and guilty-pleasure combos, I realized they knew that was expected of them. From buffalo chicken and crab meat to bacon and steak- your order will provide more than just something to dip into ketchup.
- Reading Terminal will be in good hands under its new GM, how do I know? I’ve worked for Anuj at Mt. Airy USA for the past year! [Philly.com]
- What $20 worth of veggies at newly opened Farmers Keep looks like [Be Well Philly]
- I love the Cambodian restaurants we have here in Philly, Manning explains how to navigate Little Cambodia with a list of some restaurants and markets [Philly.com]
- What do you think of this list of “business lunches”? [Zagat]
Although I am enticed on the daily by the petite- sized Bakeshop on 20th and its changing specials board, it took me a while to stop on in. The cafe sells simple breakfast and lunch sandwiches and pastries, along with coffee.
Empanadas Rosario is a Dominican take out window in North Philly serving cheap Dominican snacks, sandwiches, stews, and rotisserie chicken. I noticed it as I walked by when I visited Tierra Colombiana, because anything with the word empanda in the name is going to catch my eye. Alas it was closed, so I promised myself I would come back.
- Free pizza today at Slice [Foobooz]
- The Triangle Tavern is being revived and keeping the famous mussels on the menu [The Insider]
- Hot dog, tomato sauce, and egg topped french fries are on the menu as Sassafras [Phila Weekly]
- The menu for this summer’s Spruce Street Harbor is something to be excited about- including Federal Donuts chicken sandwiches and Chifa pork belly buns [Foobooz]