How could we not post this photo sent in by some Midtown office workers. From left to right you’ve got Brian (Magdy’s), Mike (Taco Bites), Steph (Uncle Gussy’s), Lin (Seoul Food), Ashley (Luke’s Lobster), and Ellen (Jerk Pan). Happy Halloween everybody!
Archive for 'Halloween'
Seeing as it’s Halloween, it’s time for the obligatory “Scariest Midtown Lunch post”. Last year I asked for Chili dog recommendations (I still haven’t had one in Midtown yet) but this year I think I’ll open it up to you guys. To some, every meal I eat in Midtown is scary- but there have been a few this year that stand out above the rest. I have to say up front, I enjoyed every single one of these lunches… but even I admit that putting them one after another like this is kind of frightening.
Here are the nominees for scariest lunch of 2008…
- My lunch at Tad’s Steaks (which turned out to be much better than I expected)
- The tripe from a cart that I ate when I had Jury Duty (does that get disqualified because it’s downtown?)
- Eating the soft shelled crab off the by the lb. buffet at Cafe Duke
- Meals at Ying Du and Milant right after they were closed by the Department of Health (or maybe that’s less scary because you know they are clean enough to be re-opened?)
- The Blimpie special vegetarian sandwich (Doritos in a sandwich is not that scary right? Although their hot sauce kind of is…)
- Eating a salad at Chop’t
- Eating fried seafood from Chicken House
But wait there’s more…