Zeytinz Being Fumigated After DOH Closure
Zeytinz, afavorite of many Profiled Lunch’ers and home of heavy bowls of bibimbap, has been temporarily shut down by the DOH. When the ML team stopped by earlier today, much grumbling could be heard from disappointed and disgusted deli-goers upon reading the sign on the storefront indicating it is being fumigated. According to the DOH website, the inspection took place yesterday, and the violations can be found after the jump (in consideration for those of you who prefer not to know.
- Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
- Live roaches present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
- Filth flies or food/refuse/sewage-associated (FRSA) flies present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas. Filth flies include house flies, little house flies, blow flies, bottle flies and flesh flies. Food/refuse/sewage-associated flies include fruit flies, drain flies and Phorid flies.
- Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
- Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
Zeytinz plans to open its doors again on Monday.