Kimchi Taco Truck Trying for Midtown Midweek!
Ever since I first heard about the Kimchi Taco Truck, I’ve kept this truck on my radar. There were some false starts (they were originally going to hit the streets in the fall, then in January), this weekend on Twitter I saw a very promising tweet (their first since January 30th):
FINALLY..!!! Thxs for being patient everyone; rain or shine Monday (2/28th) -Court Square, Long Island City (45th Ave & Jackson) @11:30 a.m.
I immediately tweeted back asking when they’re planning on coming to midtown (LIC’s nice and all, but doesn’t help my lunch!) and they tweeted back “Hope to be there midweek.”
Check out their menu after the jump.
KIMCHI TACO $7 (choose any 3) – served with Asian Pico de Gallo, Sautéed Kimchi and Green Onions on Toasted Corn Tortilla
- GRILLED KOREAN BBQ BEEF – Kimchi Taco’s Signature Marinated Short Rib
- BRAISED PORK – simmered with “Extra Aged” Kimchi and Pork Shoulder
- PULLED CHICKEN – Slow Cooked Shredded Chicken lightly sautéed with Red Wine Soy Sauce Reduction
- TOFU EDAMAME FALAFEL – Ground Tofu, Edamame and Chickpeas flavored with Signature Asian Spices
FRESH KIMCHI BOWL $8 – healthy version of Burritos (minus the Flour Tortilla). Choice of Protein with Homemade Kimchi, Pico de Gallo, Spicy Pickle, White or Multigrain Rice garnished with Green Onions
- KOREAN BBQ BEEF – Thinly Sliced Sirloin Steak in Garlic and Soy Sauce Marinade
- SPICY PORK – BBQ Pork Tenderloin marinated with Homemade Korean Red Pepper Sauce
- SEARED SPICY CHICKEN – Slow Cooked Chicken glazed with a Tangy Soy and Chili Sauce
KIM-CHEESESTEAK $7 – choice of Protein sautéed with Kimchi, Cheez Whiz or Provolone served on Fresh Baked Italian Hoagie Roll
- KOREAN BBQ BEEF – Sliced Marinated Sirloin Steak
- SPICY PORK – thin slices of Korean Spiced Pork Tenderloin
- PULLED CHICKEN – Shredded Chicken lightly sautéed with Red Wine Soy Sauce Reduction
- SPICY RICE CAKE – Grilled Rice Cake dipped in Korean Red Pepper Glaze and topped with Queso Blanco
- CHIPS & BEANS – Kimchi Infused Refried Beans over Crispy Wontons
- KIMCHI ARANCINI – Mozzarella, Parmesan, Kimchi Juice, Korean Red Pepper Paste, Panko
SODA & WATER $1
GOURMET TEA & SODA $2
Looks like they’ve added the kimchi arancini to the menu since Grub Street gave us a first peek in January. The fusion sides are intriguing and I love me some kimchi. I’ll be stalking these guys on the ML Twitter Tracker. Hope they keep to their word of trying out midtown this week!
Photo courtesy of Kimchi Taco Truck Facebook Page.