The Department of Health Doesn’t Think You Should Eat at Chipotle
It’s one thing to read about the new Department of Health subway ads online, it’s another thing to be face to face with one while riding the subway today. A few thoughts I had while staring (sadly) at this sign:
1. If 2000 calories is all most adults should eat daily, I think I’m in big big trouble.
2. In response to the question at the bottom of the sign… I ask myself that every single day, and the answer is always yes.
3. This would seem to be an attack on Chipotle, but according to their posted calorie “ranges” a burrito is only 420-918 calories. I don’t know where the DOH gets their craaaaazy numbers from!
4. Maybe this isn’t Chipotle. Who could afford to get guacamole in their burrito *and* a side of guacamole! Wouldn’t that cost like $17.
5. I’m really glad they didn’t make one of these signs for eating at a Chinese buffet.
6. I don’t think I like these ads. (Ignorance is truly bliss.)