Midtown Links (The “I Promise Next Week The Site Will Be Working Better” Edition)
- Brownie’s favorite lunch in Midtown is at Peppe Rosso in the Grand Central Food Court [Blondie & Brownie]
- There’s a new chef at Ammos Estiatorio, the greek seafood spot on Vanderbilt near Grand Central [TONY Blog]
- Andre Mika has a great steak at old school Frankie & Johnnie’s [Fork NY]
- Some great food porn of Soba Totto [Food in Mouth]
- The owners of Serafina will open a new Brasserie in two weeks [Eater]
- Joel Robuchon will be hanging out at his Aterlier in the Four Seasons next month [Insatiable Critic]
- Park Avenue Winter Just Re-Opened as Park Avenue Spring [Eater]
and finally, it’s not Midtown and it’s not lunch- but I know there are some pork lover up in this piece, so I’d be doing you a disservice if I didn’t tell you about the pig butchering demo I went to at the Brooklyn Kitchen on Tuesday night. For $75 I got to watch Butcher Tom Mylan (Diner, Marlow & Sons, and Bonita) take apart 1/2 of a whole berkshire pig (and then divide up the meat among the 12 of us).
A pretty amazing pre-butchering photo (head and all) for everyone but the vegetarians, after the jump…
The 1/2 a pig was as awesome as it looks, and Tom was even nice enough to give me a recipe for a pork belly sandwich, which I turned into a Serious Sandwich post on Serious Eats. There are three more pig butchering demos scheduled for April, but I’m sure they are going to sell out super quickly- so if you’re interested you may want to get on that now. For more photos (also not safe for vegetarians), check out my flickr set.