Bits & Pieces (The Katsu Sushi & Street Cart News Edition)
- Go Go Curry (38th btw. 7+8th) is not only serving breakfast now (Katsu Sandwiches), but apparently they have Katsu Sushi as well!
- The new Goodburger on 45th btw. 5+6th will not open this Monday. They say the place will be ready closer to Wednesday at the earliest…
- … and we’re still waiting for the new Pop Burger. Could today be the day?
- All three Kwik Meal cart locations have been accepting donations to aide the Cyclone victims in Bangladesh. The collection boxes were not there yesterday, but I’m sure they will still accept donations.
- Cafe Haru (on 38th btw. 7+8th), another generic deli with a lot of Korean & Japanese options, has closed.
- The Bulgogi Cart on 49th btw. 5+6th now has Bulgogi & Kimchee Udon Noodle Soup ($5).
- There is a new, easier to read and understand menu on Kim’s Aunt Kitchen Cart (46th btw. 5+6th). Most notable addition- a combo plate that allows you to get any two items, plus rice, french fries or Lo Mein. (Meaning the combo I paid $8 for, and wrote about is now only $7.50)
- Finally, the “Chef” at the Biriyani/Chapati Roll Cart on 46th & 6th is on vacation until January 22nd. The cart remains open, and serving all of their standard items- but there is mention of “appearance & menu changes”, “new & exciting meals” and a “more varieties and selections of Kati Rolls” when the Chef returns.
Got any bits and pieces to report? Email me at email@example.com