Generic Deli Madness, Ode to the Rafiqi Cart, Beans and more…
I can’t believe I’m doing this… but for those of you who are lunch-challenged, here’s three new Generic Delis that have recently popped up in Midtown:
1. Wholesome Wraps (on 39th btw. 7+8th) - I was hoping for something cool, but it’s just a generic deli, with pre-packaged wraps.
2. Simply Food (3rd Ave. btw. 46+47th) - Great name. Riveting. Why not just name yourself “All we have here is just food”. One note of interest… their British Pub Sandwich thingy. I like meat.
3. Toasties (48th btw. Mad+5th) – I think this place used to be called Fraiche, but I’m not positive. It’s a chain that people Downtown may be familiar with…
- Wow! The NY Post is writing about some pretty amazing things these days… [NY Post]
- ‘wichcraft too expensive? Make their oatmeal at home. [Mouthing Off]
- Ode to the Rafiqi Cart on 33rd & Park [Aly & Jordan]
- 10th Ave. is pretty far West, but it might be worth it for this sandwich [Grub St.]
- Would you like food with your Karaoke? [NY Times]
- Spending more than $10 at Fika Swedish Espresso Bar [Eating in Translation]
- First Insiemme Review is in, and it’s good! [Bloomberg]
- Nosher takes a closer look at the strange world of Minamoto Kitchoan [NYC Nosh]
- Beans are coming to Grand Central [Grub Street]