Sophie’s Cuban Update (Free Food Edition!), Midtown Links and the end of the week wrap up…
Every week I call, and the opening date for the new Sophie’s Cuban on 56th btw. 5+6th changes… so yesterday I went down to the actual location.
Looks like they are ready to go. The tables for the seating area in the back are supposedly getting in today. PLUS I was told the “Official” opening date is going to be Wednesday, March 14th AND there will be free food!!! That’s right. Mark it on your calendars. All the food is free at the Sophie’s Cuban grand opening, a week from Wednesday.
I love free food days in Midtown. You get to see just how long people in suits (who probably make six figures a year) are willing to wait for a free $8 lunch. Fun fun!
Acqua Pazza closes, Rats in an ABP, Steak in a strip club, and Fatburger opening in Midtown (is Baja Fresh Next???). All that and more after the jump…
- Acqua Pazza on 52nd has closed [Eater]
- Jason Perlow goes to Ess-a-Bagel… [Off the Broiler]
- …and Mandoo Bar [Off the Broiler]
- Fancy Greek at Taverna Kellari [Fork New York]
- Gael Greene likes the food at Hawaiian Tropic Zone!!! [NY Mag]
- New Fast Food in NYC- Fatburger, Yes. Pollo Tropical, Chik-Fil-A & Baja Fresh, No. [NY Post]
- How far West are you willing to go for Steak in a Strip Club [NY Times]
- First KFC/Taco Bell… now there are rats at a Midtown Au Bon Pain [Gothamist]
Next week… the Midtown Lunch guide to beating the All You Can Eat Chinese Buffet!!! Have a good weekend…