The Lunch Before Thanksgiving Post, Midtown Links & the end of the short week wrap up…
Make no mistake about it, meals on the day before Thanksgiving are very important. There’s alot of eating to be done tomorrow- but don’t make the enormous error of starving yourself the day before in anticipation of Turkey, stuffing and all the fixins. Starving yourself will result in a shrunken stomach, that won’t be able to take the onslaught that is surely to happen tomorrow afternoon. The best thing you can do is stuff yourself today… stretch that stomach out as far as it will go, and tomorrow you will wake up ready to win the game!
I had a few ideas for lunch today. The first one is obvious. If you are geting a half day, wait until you get off and go somewhere else for a *good* lunch. Midtown sucks. Failing that, I think an all you can eat buffet is the perfect pre-thanksgiving day lunch. Stuff your face, stretch that stomach out and prepare your body for the big feast tomorrow. Here’s some of the cheap buffets in Midtown that you can “train” at:
- Rangole, 46th btw. 5+6th, Cheap Indian
- Arang, 32nd btw. 5+B’way, Korean & Sushi
- Todai, 32nd btw. Mad+5th, Japanese
- Al Baraka, 55th btw. 3+Lex, Turkish
If you need motivation, picture how disappointed your Mom will be tomorrow when you don’t have room for seconds. Prepare yourself properly. Godspeed.
For Midtown Links you definitely want to know about, plus a sneak peak at next week’s lunch spots- after the jump.
- Can you guess the celebrity eating at Benihana in Midtown?[Gawker]
- New ethnic options on E. 50th St. in Midtown [NYMag]
- There is a such thing as General Tso’s at Thanksgiving!!! (Not in Midtown though) [VV]
- Grub St. discovers “Brand New” Milk N Honey (a place I wrote about over 3 months ago) [NYMag]
- New blog launches with a thumbs up to Cafe Cello [Foodies Delight]
Next week, I finally get around to a +/- of Two Boots! (A quick preview… one of the boots is good, the other- not so much). PLUS a full review of Chiyoda on 41st. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and I’ll see you next week!