Cer Te Wants You To Pick Their Next Special Sandwich
Whoever does marketing for Cer te deserves a gold star. Since we launched the Midtown Lunch Sandwich Challenge Cer Te, on 55th btw. 5+6th, has used it as their own personal promotional machine- which of course was ok with us because we were getting amazing sandwiches. There was the Thanksgiving Dip (which I believe is still available on Thursdays), the Bayou, the Primavera, the Mexican torta, and the soft shelled crab. And of course that whole lobster roll thing, which was kind of an honorary entry.
The slightly upscale deli took the month of July off, but they plan on coming back with a bang in September and want you to help pick the sandwich of the month. Every Monday and Tuesday, today through the end of August, they will be serving 5 (yes, five) special Midtown Lunch sandwiches and asking you to vote for the best one. Shameless promotion designed to get Midtown Lunch’ers to come in and eat five sandwiches? Of course. But once you see some of these sandwiches, maybe you won’t mind as much.
Check out the list after the jump…
- Colonel’s Heart Attack: Southern Fried Chicken Breast, Mac n Cheese Melt with Collard Greens served on a Biscuit
- Portobello Lettuce Tomato (PLT): Smoked Portobello, Arugula, Roasted Tomatoes with a scallion and caper aioli on a sliced semolina club
- Croque Monsieur: Jambon, gruyere on brioche with a thyme béchamel
- Florentine BBQ: Melted short ribs with Bel Paese and an arrabiata tomato chutney served on a tuscan round
- Gulfano (Southwestern Cuban): Braised shoulder pork, Tasso ham, Tomatillos, Jalapeno Mustard and Monterey cheese on a pressed Panini baguette
My lord. Is the mac n cheese served on the actual fried chicken sandwich? That would be out of control. Kudos to you Cer Te. You have now insured that I will come eat at Cer Te multiple times over the next month- and I’m guessing I’m not the only one. (At the very least I’m going to have to try the Colonel’s Heart Attack, the BBQ sandwich, and the Southwestern Cuban.)
As always, the sandwiches are $8.95 and available for take out, delivery, and eat in. Once you try the sandwiches, you can vote for your favorite on their blog. The winning sandwich will be the special sandwich for the month of September.
Cer Te, 20 West 55th St (btw. 5+6th), 212-397-2020