2008 Readers’ Poll: Best Latin Food
It’s time for the 2nd Annual Midtown Lunch Readers’ Poll. Between now and the end of the year I’ll be asking all of you to decide on the best Midtown Lunches in a whole range of categories. You can only vote once per category (so choose wisely), and official results will be posted after the new year.
It was kind of a sad year for Latin food in Midtown. 2007 nominee La Strada shut down, along with the Sophie’s Cuban location on 41st Street. Plus, the International Buffet House went from all you can eat (for $9) to a pay by the pound situation (very, very sad.) But there is still no shortage of great Latin food in Midtown, as you can see from this incredibly long list of nominees for “Best Latin Food in Midtown”.
- Cafe Cello (on 46th btw. 5+6th)
- El Rincon Del Sabor (on 47th btw. 5+6th)
- El Sabroso (39th btw. 7+8th)
- International Food House (35th btw. 7+8th
- Margon (46th btw. 6+7th)
- Newsstand Latin Food (formerly inside the Blimpie on 6th Ave. btw. 38+39th)
- Sophie’s Cuban (Multiple Locations)
- Tina’s Restaurant (Multiple Locations)
Vote for your favorite, after the jump.