2008 Readers’ Poll: Best Indian Fast Food
It’s time for the 2nd Annual Midtown Lunch Readers’ Poll. Between now and the end of the year I’ll be asking all of you to decide on the best Midtown Lunches in a whole range of categories. You can only vote once per category (so choose wisely), and official results will be posted after the new year.
It was a big year for Indian food in Midtown. Indus Express opened on 48th btw. 5+6th, Khodiar Lunch Services (aka “Newsstand Indian”) expanded to include Taj Delhi Chat, and of course the Biryani Cart won the People’s Choice Vendy Award. They’re all nominated for best Indian Fast Food, along with a few old standbys.
- Biryani Cart (on 46th btw. 6+7th)
- Indus Express (48th btw. 5+6th)
- Joy Curry & Tandoor (46th btw. Lex+3rd)
- Kati Roll (39th btw. 5+6th)
- Khodiar Lunch Services/Taj Delhi Chat (6th Ave. btw. 38+39th)
- Maharaja (formerly Hurry Tasty & Curry on 45th btw. Lex+3rd)
- Minar (on 46th btw. 6+7th)
Vote for your favorite, after the jump.