Five Guys Prevails, Treats Take On Desserts in the TONY Eat Out Awards
Last night, Time Out New York announced their Eat Out Awards for 2008, and while most were not Midtown related, there were a few opportunities to root for the home team. We dominated the Readers’ Choice Fast Food category, with Five Guys beating out Go Go Curry, Zen Burger, and Moaz (the lone non-midtown nominee).
But the biggest smackdown of the night came in the Readers’ Choice Mobile Food Category, where the long awaited Treats Truck vs. Dessert Truck battle finally took place. Unfortunately $5 Chocolate Bread Pudding was too much to overcome, and the Dessert Truck prevailed. I wouldn’t worry about it too much though Treats Truck… you’re in great company considering the always amazing (and my personal favorite) Casellula in Hell’s Kitchen, lost out to the Downing St. (do they really need another award) Blue Ribbon in the Best Wine Bar Category.
Check out the rest of the Midtown mentions (most requiring expense accounts), after the jump…
- Best Return of a NY Institution: 2nd Ave. Deli
- Best New out of Town Import: Adour by Alain Ducasse at the St. Regis
- Best Meal in a Tourist District: Omido
- Most Likely to Prevail over an Annoying Gimmick: Park Ave Spring
- Strongest Link in the Chain: BLT Market