NYC Free Chocolate Alert, The Sky Mirror, Midtown Links…and the end of the week wrap up!
MidtownLunch is all about free stuff. Free burrito day at Chipotle, Free Coffee Day at Starbucks, and now- it’s FREE CHOCOLATE DAY. That’s right… because all day today, to celebrate the release of their new “Gold Collection”, Godiva will be giving away free samples at ALL their New York City locations. This was confirmed by a salesperson (and Midtown Lunch reader!) at the location on 7th Ave. and 50th. So we can only guarantee that location will have free samples- but supposedly they are doing it at every location. PLUS, I think you will be able to enter a drawing for a free year of Godiva chocolate. Here are the Godiva locations in Midtown so you can score your free sample of delicious Godiva Chocolate:
- 745 7th Ave. (SE corner of 50th & 7th Ave.)
- 725 5th Ave. (Trump Tower 56th St.)
- 52 W. 50th St. (inside 30 Rockefeller Plaza)
- Rockefeller Center Concourse
- 200 Park Ave. (MetLife Bldg on 45th)
- 560 Lexington Ave. (Lex & 50th)
- 86 Grand Central Terminal
- 1460 Broadway (Times Sq. on 41st)
- Shops at Columbus Circle (Broadway & 59th)
In other news… have you seen the gigantic “sky mirror” in front of Rockefeller Center on 5th ave. btw. 49th & 50th? At first I thought it was sort of stupid… but now I’m really into it. The photo possibilities are endless, and it seems like everyone is getting in on the act. I sort of felt left out… so here’s the Midtown Lunch version of the Sky Mirror photo:
Looks like the same pics you’ve seen on flickr, right? What you don’t realize is, I’m in the upper right hand corner with the red shirt eating one of my favorite Midtown Lunches. I’ll give you a hint… I can hold it in one hand (my camera is in the other), and I got it at 54th & 5th ave.
A picture of what I was stuffing my face with in front of the sky mirror, plus “Midtown Links” to all the stuff you definitely want to know about… and it’s all after the jump.
A delicious Veal Sausage with the works from the Hallo Berlin Cart on 54th, just west of 5th Ave. (and well worth the 20 minute wait!)
- Into the “kitchen” of one of our favorite spots… Mandoo Bar [Gothamist]
- Chef Ming Tsai endorses Wu Liang Ye & Tang in Midtown [Grub Street]
- Got an expense account? Looking to eat near Times Sq.? Review: 7 Square [Gothamist]
- Hello Pinkberry! Goodbye Tasti-Delite? [Eater]
- Pinkberry: The Full Review!!! [Restaurant Girl]
- Ruby Tuesday being welcomed to Midtown by NY Mag??? [Grub Street]
- Korean chain coming to 50th & 3rd [TONY]
- A delicious looking picture from the Todai buffet in Koreatown [Flickr]
That’s it for this week… Next week,
I’ve got nothing planned on Monday- My Yom Kippur special. PLUS I’ll look at the Tuck Shop & Madeliene “The Crepe Lady” (both located in the Cyber Cafe on 49th btw. B’way & 8th). Strange set up, yes. Delicious, double yes. As always, your recommendations are welcomed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a good weekend!