Downtown Links (The “Welcome To October, Where Eating Candy Is Encouraged”Edition)
That leaf of lettuce makes this salad healthy, right? Right. Courtesy of Serious Eats NY.
- The spicy beef salad at Viet Cafe sounds like a ML kind of deal, with only one leaf of lettuce involved. [Serious Eats]
- A meatless sandwich at the almost out of bounds Francois Payard Bakery is so good it almost makes you forget you’re eating like a hippie. [Fork In The Road]
- Sadly, the residents of the LES have lost their liquid nitrogen ice cream shop. [Eat This NY]
- The meatball sandwich at Banh Mi Saigon is only “meh.” [Lunch With Front Studio]
- The Taco Bell has closed on Chambers St., probably because it wasn’t combined with a Pizza Hut or KFC. [Tribeca Citizen]