The Boneless Rib Sandwich at The Rib Stand
I can’t get enough meat sandwiches. What can I say, I love meat and portability. The Rib Stand in Reading Terminal offers, along with baby back and spare ribs, a boneless rib sandwich. While I hate to pass on the thrill of gnawing meat off of bones, bonelessness and between bread-ness is a lot more lunch friendly.
The boneless rib sandwich combo comes with 2 sides, I got coleslaw and some perfectly salted potato wedges. You get a choice of mild of spicy bbq sauce, I went with the spicy (not too spicy). The sandwich was big, but not monstrous- the perfect size really. The chunks of rib meat were tender without being overcooked and had a mild flavor that benefited from a little of the spicy sauce, but did not need to be drenched in it. They offer cheese on the sandwich to make it even more delicious.
The $8 lunch special includes a drink.
THE + (What somebody who likes this place would say)
- The meat is ready to be served to you fast
- The side of potatoes are a great addition
- Ribs on a sandwich takes the mess of eating ribs away
- But there are also ribs available if you would like to gnaw
- Sauce comes on the side, put as little or as much as you need
THE – (What somebody who doesn’t like this place would say)
- Only open Wed- Saturday
- If you don’t like ribs, you should probably look elsewhere
The Rib Stand, 12th and Filbert St, 215-925-3155