- A cheesesteak shop is opening in Rittenhouse, but I am more interested in the boozy milkshakes [The Insider]
- Cheu noodle bar is opening in Fishtown [Foobooz]
- Sky Cafe has reopened post fire inside the plaza at 11th and Washington! [Rotisseur's IG Account]
Posted at 10:35 am, February 20th, 2016 under Lunch Links.
- Sansom Kebab House’s move to South St has not dampened the flavor [The Inquirer]
- Another stance on the Federal Donuts vs Shake Shack chicken sandwich [22nd and Philly]
- Sheehan likes the scallion pancake duck “taco” and pork tongue beef cheek taco over the fried pork belly at Revolution Taco [Foobooz]
Posted at 4:24 pm, February 12th, 2016 under Lunch Links.
- A new Malaysian spot is opening next week on E Passyunk [Eater]
- The Mac Mart storefront location has been revealed- 18th and Chestnut, pretty pretty central [Foobooz]
- Looks like we are getting our first Armenian restaurant in Philly! [Foobooz]
Posted at 6:52 pm, February 5th, 2016 under Lunch Links.
- How do you feel about a hot dog bar? I feel great about it [The Insider]
- The folks behind Spice End are replacing Marabella Meatball Co (RIP) [Eater]
- Vietnamese lunch service will be part of Schulson’s Double Knot concept [The Insider]
- A list of 9 taco spots in South Philly. Which is your favorite? [Uwishunu]
Posted at 5:02 pm, January 29th, 2016 under Lunch Links.
- If its after 11am on a Monday, does it count as brunch or lunch? American Sardine Bar has started a Monday brunch [Foobooz]
- South Philly is getting mission style burritos this weekend (this is the spot with the avocado fries) [The Insider]
- Lovely photos of the recently opened SpOt Burger facility [Ted Nghiem]
- I have always overlooked Ting Wong, but Sheehan’s review will change that [Foobooz]
Posted at 6:35 pm, January 22nd, 2016 under Lunch Links.
- SpOt Burgers has picked Brewerytown for its brick and mortar location [Eater]
- I got what I wished for, a poutinerie is coming to Phily [Foobooz]
- A former 4-seasons Chef is opening a new restaurant in Mt. Airy [The Insider]
Posted at 11:15 am, January 16th, 2016 under Lunch Links.
- You should already know, but Little Lion and Revolution Taco both opened this week [Foobooz]
- Cafe Fulya is closing, but- the current owners are looking to reopen elsewhere and the current landlord is looking to reopen in the same spot with a revamped menu including pizzas, which I really hope are Turkish pizzas [The Insider]
- Matt and Marie’s is expanding [The Insider]
- A new sandwich spot is coming to 6th and South with pretzel croissant rolls [Billy Penn]
Posted at 8:02 pm, January 8th, 2016 under Lunch Links.